Sunday, November 15, 2009

Build a Health Care Bill: Problem 2

What problems do you think should be solved by a health care reform bill?

Problem 2:
Another health insurance issue I've personally experienced is getting coverage for my family when I was self-employed from 1994 thru 1998. Because I was not a member of any qualified group I was ineligible for group health insurance. Individual policies were extraordinarily expensive – but I finally found one with a $2,000 family deductible that I could afford.

So, another problem I want to address is the ability to join or create groups for the purpose of underwriting group health insurance. Current law, I think in all 50 states, prohibits the creation of groups for the purpose of underwriting health insurance. I’d like to see that restriction relaxed.

Do you have a health care pet peeve?

Return to the "Build a Health Care Bill" Content Index

Link to the "Build a Health Care Bill" Idea Log

No comments:

Post a Comment