Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Build a Health Care Bill: Problem 3

What problems do you think should be solved by a health care reform bill?

Problem 3:
Another problem with health insurance that I’ve experience indirectly is the cost of coverage for low income young adults without access to employer-based health insurance.

When my children reached majority they were no longer eligible for coverage under my employer-based health insurance. But my children’s incomes could not support individual insurance coverage and their employers did not offer health insurance.

So, another problem I want to address is the availability of very basic health insurance with costs low enough so that young working adults, ineligible for Medicaid, will be able to afford the monthly premiums.

If you have health care pet peeves write them in the comments section.

Return to the "Build a Health Care Bill" Content Index

Link to the "Build a Health Care Bill" Idea Log

No comments:

Post a Comment